While reading the Quran, we need to stop at certain places – at the end of verses or words.
We call it Waqf in Quran. You can also call them in a number of ways such as stop signs, rules of stop in Quran or rules of waqf in Quran.
They all refer to the same set of rules. Here is a list of different stop signs:
- Qila قلى (Preferred stop)
- Sila صلى (Preferred continue)
- Jeem ج (Stop or continue)
- Meem م (Must stop)
- Laam Alif لا (Don’t stop)
- Three dotted waqf (Stop at one or none)
Watch the video to learn the concept:
How to do Waqf in Quran
Watch the video to learn how to stop at different places.
Choose a lesson of your choice